Need a product recommendation for installation specific documentation

Subject: Need a product recommendation for installation specific documentation
From: "amanda a" <blonde_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:58:48 +0000

Hi everyone!

I am a new poster to this list! I am a tech writer and I have a client that
hired me to write an instruction manual for them. They decided to go
another route and would now tike to revamp their existing documentation...

The product is a program that has a SQL code base delivered over an AS400.
During the installation, the team goes through and turns on or off certain
flags in the code to change how the program processes information. There
are 131 flags, and an infinite number of combinations thereof.

The trick is is that they want to be able to use a wizard to create
installation specific documentation. The implementation team would like to
be able to go through a wizard at the end of the installation, prior to
training, and input the settings in the program and have the database
autogenerate help files off of the settings.

I know a lot of good knowledge base programs for training and modules based
on customer knowledge level, but I have never heard of a product that does
this. Does anyone out there know of a product that would allow them to do
this?

Thanks ahead!

Amanda

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com