RE: Techwriting styles, speech patterns, etc.

Subject: RE: Techwriting styles, speech patterns, etc.
From: Alan Weiss <specwriter2003 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

Goober Writer wrote:
>>I compensate by being a meticulous editor of my own
work prior to handing off for review.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It seems I have
to kick myself into editing mode, and make a very
deliberate effort to stay focused on getting the
details right. Others seem to have the opposite
problem. They catch incredibly minute errors, but have
trouble organizing ideas and generating content.

This issue seems to be a key distinction between good
writers and good editors. Or even between good editors
(rearrangement and organization of ideas) and good
copy-editors.

Very difficult to excel at both, I'd imagine, because
humans seem to look at either the big picture or the
small details when it comes to any given subject.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com