New Tech Writer Update

Subject: New Tech Writer Update
From: cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:46:46 -0600

Well guys, I guess I shouldn't have lost hope in my resume and my
abilities so soon. I received two job offers yesterday, and although they
were both out of state, they were something from major companies who were
interested in my abilities!!

By the way, I do know Java and JavaScript and can pick up other
programming languages fairly quickly. I also have a background in
Computer Information Systems, so I have some of the necessary experience
that so many of you have mentioned to me.

I've heard from everyone from professors to people employed in the field
of technical communication that XML is the big upcoming thing. I bought
the "XML in a Nutshell" book and plan on learning XML fairly soon. Do any
of you know any other good XML books?

I am the kind of person where I can pick up on programs and programming
languages quickly. I think that it is more important to know how to apply
skills than to just "know" a language or a program. I know most of you
will agree with me on that.

Anyway, I think the reason why I haven't been able to find a job right
away is because I'm in Rochester, NY and there just aren't that many jobs
in the area. I've been looking for jobs in Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse,
and Utica, so if any of you know something for those areas, please keep me
posted!

Thanks again for all of your helpful advice!
Cor

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com