RE: Help with Docbook

Subject: RE: Help with Docbook
From: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:43:33 -0400

You are asking about tools, but you have not yet defined your process. I would suggest you start there.

If you are planning on using docbook with Framemaker, try the XML Cookbook provided with FrameMaker. It's a guided tour to creating XML documentation with FrameMaker and it uses docbook. As for linking the DTD with XMetal, well, you need to link the DTD to the XML document that you are creating, not to the tool that you are using. Use the DOCTYPE element to create that link.

Try this link to get started with XML: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/10/guide0.html

An XML framework cannot be built overnight. I am building my own XML documentation environment. It is not that difficult, but it does take a lot of time. You have to get a bit technical, or team up with someone who is. Since you said that you are not very technically minded, I would suggest getting help.

France Baril
Rédactrice Technique / Technical Writer
IXIASOFT
(514) 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com