Help with Docbook

Subject: Help with Docbook
From: lisava -at- psitek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:39:12 -0600

I was wondering if you could help me. I am a technical author, in charge
of the documentation department for the company I work for. These are my
ideas for what I would like to do, but am in need of some serious guidance
to my product choice and need some really basic help that I cannot seem to
find any resources for.

I want to create all documentation in XML - am not sure what tool to use I
have looked at Xmetal and Framemaker and none grabbed my fancy although I
couldn't figure out how to link in the docbook DTD's into XMetal and
that's when I contacted their support about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard
a peep from them since.

I want to be able to manage the XML content by using a product called
SiberSafe - this product is an XML content managemetn system, which allows
for multiple users, workflow, and versioning and setting how low level you
want to track changes.

I want to be able to manage my translations by using SiberSafe as well
which has a translation module, this allows you to monitor when changes
happen and extract only the text that has changed and send that off to the
translators for translation.

The only problem I have is I am not too technically minded and trying to
get the XML editor to use Docbook DTD's and validate my XML files and then
save it into a repository are all too much and I can't seem to get going,
I always get to a point where I my knowledge on this stuff just doesn't
allow for me to proceed with making this process successful.

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com