Re: Learning to code on the cheap

Subject: Re: Learning to code on the cheap
From: Ann Hastings <explorer227 -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:44:27 -0700

"Does one necessarily have to invest in the Course Material mentioned?"

No, one does not. The course consists mostly of reading. I remember a few
semesters back, one of the listed textbooks was a $50 book on Java. After
the course was over, a disillusioned student complained that Java was
touched on only one week out of the 6 or 8 weeks of the class, and
certainly did not warrant getting the Java book in addition to the
others. And a DIFFERENT Java book was the listed textbook for the Java
class!

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:20:14 -0400 (EDT) "atis" <atis -at- myway -dot- com> writes:
> <<Barnes and Noble University has a free online course for beginning
>
> programming that sounds interesting:

http://educate.barnesandnobleuniversity.com/educate/bn/home/catalog/overv
iew.jsp?productId=5565&userid=2U7SVQB0FA&nhid=bn>>

> Does one necessarily have to invest in the Course Material
> mentioned? Just wondering if it is *really* a free course..
>
> Rgds
>
> SB

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com