RE: Limiting postings -- looking at numbers

Subject: RE: Limiting postings -- looking at numbers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dan Glovier <dglovier -at- edline -dot- com> wrote:

> The answer, as always, is 42. Congrats to John and Goober!
>
> The original (and I daresay, real) focus of this discussion was on
> civility, not numbers. Yes, reducing posts was mentioned as a way to
> curb non-civility, but in the numbers that have been quoted, I am
> missing one thing:

You know, it is a time-honored debating technique that when you can't
win an argument on the ground it was first established, you change the
ground, or the topic, to one you feel you can win on.

Limiting everyone's posts because a few people misuse the privilege, in
the opinion of some, means that legitimate questions go unanswered,
legitimate discussion dies, it becomes easier to make hit-and-run
claims and comments.

The real issue is personal responsibility and accountability for one's
actions and statements.

I believe it is time to strictly enforce posting rules. If it is too
much trouble to filter out off-topic posts, then the posters must be
held accountable for their posts.

=====
Tom Murrell
--Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference. (Anonymous)--
@ mailto:trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com
@ http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/
@ Last Updated 05/26/2003

http://sbc.yahoo.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com