Latest WOW

Subject: Latest WOW
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:41:27 +1000

I keep shuddering at the mistakes this man keeps making in this vital area
of Word knowledge.

#1: To get rid of built-in stuff, use Add/Remove Components from MS Office
then delete the instances. Sheesh. I have a batch file already made and
distributed widely that does this :-(

#2: Zipbackup can be replaced with a simple batch file itself :-(

#3: Blank is NOT added automatically. Word DOES auto-build a Normal.dot if
none is present. That file is renamed to BLANK in the DIALOG. Very
misleading :-(

#4: Folders are ONLY added to the dialog IF they contain a valid file entry.
Eg, add a dir called HereticSux to your user templates dir but dont put any
templates in it. Does it show up as a tab? NOPE!

#5: As for free templates - havent yet seen one worth what I paid for it.

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.
Email: steve -at- wordheretic -dot- com
Products: http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 728 pages of dump left and dropping...

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com