RE: ADMIN: Civility and content

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Civility and content
From: "Jeff Hanvey" <jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:34:23 -0400

Really good idea...

It might not catch everyone, but it will catch the major on-list purveyors
of uncivil behavior...Is there a way to flag an email address which has
repeatedly posted to a single thread in one day? It's fairly likely that
someone who's responded more than 5 times isn't responding necessarily to
the original message, especially if there is another person who is
responding in kind.

If people are being uncivil offlist, I believe that Eric should *not* be an
arbitrator. We're adults, and if you're getting into petty arguments with
someone offlist, then you and that person should work it out - not complain
to Eric like some 6-year-old tattling on his sister.

Posting limits in general are a bad idea - there are too many reasons
against it, including threading for the archives, suppression of answers to
questions, et cetera...

If civility is going to be an issue between professionals (I've not really
noticed a huge amount on this list), then I'd say the list has outlived it's
usefulness...

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com