Links and attachments

Subject: Links and attachments
From: ilana -at- mel -dot- kesoftware -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:02:21 -0600

OK all you terminology gurus!
I need help to come up with a creative set of terminology to describe how
one module links to another in an object related database.

We currently use the word Attachment. The first module attaches to
another
module via a button in an attachment field. However, our customers seem
find this concept difficult to understand.

We tried using the words links and linking but this seems to confuse
people
because it does not define in what direction the linking is.
If the first module links/attaches/connects to a record in a target
module.
The record in the target module ??? back to the ??? module. If we use
links/attaches in both cases it is confusing to our customers.
Thanks for your help.
Ilana Cohney
KE Software

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com