Re: SoftSim

Subject: Re: SoftSim
From: holmegm -at- attbi -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:33:41 +0000

"Rick Henkel" <frameuser -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

>Has anyone here used SoftSim? Our director is pushing us to use this because
>it can write procedures for you. I don't know anything about it, so I
>thought I check here.

My team is just starting to use it now. We inherited a large CBT tutorial
that uses simulations generated by SoftSim.

I can't give a full report on its capabilities yet. It has a proprietary
output format and Java viewer, that does not work in Sun's JRE, just
Microsoft's VM. That is becoming a problem, as some users have the Sun
JRE installed.

It can "write" procedures for what it records, in a mechanical sense.
The steps link with the simulation, which can be kind of neat. I
guess if all you were going to have was a "double-click here, type there"
document, you could do worse than what it generates. It would probably
need some editing, of course.

Sorry I don't have more to report yet. I'll be interested in hearing what
your team's decision is, and what your experience is if you use it.

--
Greg Holmes

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com