CBT Independent Verification and Validation Test Plan examples or experience anyone?

Subject: CBT Independent Verification and Validation Test Plan examples or experience anyone?
From: "Gill, Harold B. CONT (NALC SSG)" <gillhb -at- ssg -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:37:37 -0400

Dear Techwhirlers!
I am charged with developing a Computer-Based Training (CBT) Test Standard
that would provide guidance to Independent Verification and Validation
(IV&V) testing for our Web-based, CD-ROM resident, or computer-based
training and tutorial materials. The test standard would provide the basis
for developing the test scenarios for our various training products.
IV&V testing standards have been basically designed for testing software
components to be sure that the input produces the expected output and that
the behaviors of the software component are what were expected as well.
It seems to me that applying this model to CBT's is not going to be the way
to go...but that is my task.
We may also be using this testing to evaluate our portals and such.

What I would like to know from any of you generous souls out there is: Has
this wheel already been invented? (No flames please, I am aware of usability
testing) What methodologies would you employ if you had this task? What
experiences have you had that you might like to share?

Thanks in advance!

Hal Gill

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com