Re: Front page matter

Subject: Re: Front page matter
From: Alana Garrop <agarrop -at- wilshire -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:35:48 -0700

I suggest referring to the "Chicago Manual of Style, 14th Edition"
(Note: 15th Edition due out any day).

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2UP0L9VV33&isbn=0226103897&itm=2

Then check other, similar materials.

Re:"...client does not want me to include the Trademarks or Legal
Notices...they think it is not of use..." Trademarks, copyrights,
service marks, etc., are not a matter of personal or popular opinion:
they exist to protect both parties...as well as to avoid those annoying
'Cease and Desist' orders.

-AG

Seema wrote:

> What content should be included as front page matter in a scenario where
> application development is outsourced to us and the end users are CSRs
> and Marketing and Sales team of the client organization who has
> outsourced the development activity?
>
> I asked for information about trademark notifications for various
> products and services (I have references to these products and services
> across documentation deliverables to this client) that the client is
> offering, but the client does not want me to include the Trademarks or
> Legal Notices information as front page matter since they think it is not
> of use to end users who are all employees of the organization for whom we
> are developing the application.
>
> I now have the following:
> The first front page with the logo, book title, and version as content.
> The second page with the book title, date of publication, and partnumber,
> in small font as content.
>
> Is this information sufficient for front page matter, for the stated
> scenario?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Seema
> --
> Seema
> seema27 -at- fastmail -dot- fm

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com