Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore?

Subject: Re: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore?
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:43:40 -0800

Blaming Boeing for attempting to reduce costs is like a union demanding jobs for life as part of a contract. When I go to the store to buy food, I purchase quality items that fit my budget. Companies are no different, especially when you are selling products that cost millions of dollars per copy. You can only mark up a product so much before you price yourself out of the marketplace.

However, there is another page to this story. If too many companies send to many jobs overseas, there won't be anyone with any money to buy the products they ship home, unless of course, the consumer starts buying cheaper and cheaper products. Then things get really nasty.

My solution is to win the Oregon and PowerBall Lotteries, then buy all the Corona breweries in the world and at least one lime orchard.

It's Friday evening and my brain melted down a couple of hours ago.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com