Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: jenny_berger -at- fairfieldresidential -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:04:53 -0500

My single most useful course: PHIL1301 (Critical Thinking).

My single most useful collection of courses: Bachelor's program in French.

The philosophy course (coupled with the books I'd read on my own in high
school) helped me develop a deep understanding and an abiding appreciation
of the subtleties in the perception of reality. The degree program helped
me to develop a deep understanding and an abiding appreciation for the
subtleties in the expression of reality.

How this helped me be a (tech) writer: Knowing how language and philosophy
are almost incestuously related in cognitive activities, and knowing how
to manipulate one to achieve the desired result in the other.

Jenny Berger
Technical Writer
Information Systems
Fairfield Residential

"Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-115343 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
06/09/2003 04:32 PM
Please respond to "Robert Plamondon"

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc:

So I'll ask the group: What single course proved to be most useful in your
technical writing work? For me, it was a course in Technical Illustration,
which gave me a lot of skills I never would have picked up any other way.

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com