Trademarks

Subject: Trademarks
From: "Amber Young" <ayoung -at- pridemobility -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:51:12 -0400

If a logo/name is registered, I cannot use it as my own. (If the trademark
is pending, I can, correct?) The situation is this: I'm taking manuals from
a small company in England and making them ours (per our agreement with
them) and it seems they have invented a product and named it something that
already exists: RoBoX. When I pull it up on the web, every possible way to
spell and capitalize this word is already taken. In other words, this
company did not do their research and now I have to. (Which is becoming
quite a frequent occurrence with that company...GRRR!)

So, where can I find out which spellings of this word are registered
trademarks? Nobody around here seems to know!

Amber Young
Tech Writer
Pride Mobility Products Corp.

applications, including Net.