Re: Style Police

Subject: Re: Style Police
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 14:29:04 -0700

"Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)" wrote:

> I sure do miss my Interleaf and my Framemaker! - the
> good old (external) 'catalog' files (Ileaf) and
> 'master files' (Frame) took care of the style-policing
> - for a whole 'book'! Alas, now in the Wonderful
> Word World I must do this manually. :-(

Wow, you mean you can't just apply italics to a word in Framemaker or Interleaf by hand?

'Coz, if you can, it's exactly the same as Word, in which you define styles in an external template (.dot file), but you can also make adjustments within individual documents.

And, if you can't, who'd wanna work THAT way?

--David

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

HTML Indexer 4 includes fully integrated cross-references, target frames
and windows, multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries,
and more!

http://www.html-indexer.com/

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com