RE: Hanukkah came early this year

Subject: RE: Hanukkah came early this year
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:26:27 -0700

Hi,
Well, the approach I'd recommend is to find out how much money you can
spend, and then find the fastest, meatiest, sexiest machine for that
money. I'd equally prioritize RAM and processor speed (2.0 GHz is going
to seem pretty low in a year and a half), and Jeff Hanvey makes a sound
observation about the video card. If you're not going to be editing any
media files (for example, sound and video), I wouldn't sweat about the
hard drive size. In all my years of tech writing (well, all six of
them), I haven't been able to fill up a hard drive with work data. I had
to go looking for MP3s and pRon.

Just kidding about that last bit. DB.