Re: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?

Subject: Re: What Would You Do with a Writer Who Can't Write?
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:42:47 -0700 (PDT)

"Doug Duplessis" <unclebonsai -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote

> He can't write a procedure, he can't use consistent language. He doesn't
> know the product we're working on and he doesn't know much beyond basic MS
> Word. I'm contracting and he was recently hired full-time.

I see an STC chapter presidency in his future. Stick close to him, he's going
places.

> I don't want to go behind his back, and I don't want to show up in a
> manager's office with a stack of evidence. I should mention that there is
> no documentation manager; we're managed by an overtasked development manager
> who thinks technical writers just "pretty up" things. (His words.)
>
> Help and advice appreciated--chocolate isn't working anymore.

Sharon's right. Do you job and let it be. Just leave this moron to flail in his
own excrement. Try to keep yourself and your work disassociated from his. Make
sure his work stands out as HIS, and has nothing to do with yours.

Good luck.

Andrew Plato

http://search.yahoo.com

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com