Re: new blood

Subject: Re: new blood
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:42:45 -0700

Lee Kelley wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the list. I have a B.A. in English/creative writing. I've been
lurking around in the newsgroup, and of course I am asking for the advice
that I assume you all searched for when you were starting out. I live in
Salt Lake City, Utah, and am currently seeking any kind of TW position. I am
a Signal Officer in the Army National Guard, so I have the technical
background. I want to combine writing, which I love, with work, which I
cannot avoid. Thanks in advance for any advice, and I hope this is an
appropriate posting.

Hi, Lee:

As an ignorant Canadian, I'm curious. What kind of a technical background does a signal officer pick up? In the Canadian army, the background would be how to repair sixty year old machinery with duct tape and binder twine, but I assume that in the US, the skills would be a little different.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Robin Hood and Little John,
They've both gone to the fair-o,
We shall to the merry greenwood