Re: [OT] Snorky

Subject: Re: [OT] Snorky
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:10:45 -0700

Query: why do people think that acknowledging that a post is off topic in the subject line somehow makes the post acceptable?

Seriously, I'm aimiably curious. Why?

I notice that people do much the same thing when they use slang, or a usage not generally acceptable with quotation marks around it. Is the logic that, by acknowledging that what you are saying or doing isn't right, you at least show that you're not doing so ignorantly?

I'd be more inclined to feel that I didn't want to call attention to myself in these circumstances, but obviously logic, like mileage, differs.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"I have never yet known a man admit that he was either rich or asleep: perhaps the poor and the wakeful man have some great moral advantage."
- Patrick O'Brian, "Master and Commander"

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires 4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com