Re: Thank God for good documentation

Subject: Re: Thank God for good documentation
From: Richard Lippincott <richard -dot- lippincott -at- ae -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:42:10 -0400

Martin Page said:
>Interesting that the trouble shooting guide was "prepared by his squadron"
>and not part of the document set.

It's also quite possible that the reporter got it wrong, and that the
troubleshooting guide -was- part of the doc set. In fact, when I read the
item, my first assumption was that the reporter had made a mistake.

A large chunk of the tech writing for military systems actually consists of
the troubleshooting guides. IIRC, the in-flight troubleshooting guides for
the C-5 transport airplane are about three or four times the size of the
pilot's flight manual, as an example.

We'll probably never know for sure in this case...unless somebody on the
list happens to know Col. Toomey...

--Rick Lippincott
Lockheed Martin
Saugus, MA

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com