RE:On PDF's

Subject: RE:On PDF's
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:33:24 -0700 (PDT)

In my experience as a user, I've found it very
annoying that to scroll down a PDF document you need
to click on the screen and pull it down with that
little hand thing. I much prefer to use the scroll
thing on my mouse. As minor as this may seem it has
proven annoying enough to deter me from liking PDF
files much.

Another thing about PDF files as far as instructions
manuals go, is that they are not very user freindly.
With a palm pilot its different because you can just
have the thing in front of you and follow the steps
right off the screen. But for something big like a
bike or a car (that you couldnt or wouldnt really want
to bring into your living room), you would probably
want to print out a section of instructions and just
bring them with you when you want to do something with
the bike or car.

My approach to doing this has generally been to cut
and paste everything i needed into a Microsoft Word
document and just print that in a nice neat lil
package of stuff i gotta do. It could be just that im
ignorant of PDF files, but in my experience you cant
cut and paste anything from a PDF file, and this is
extremely annoying for me because I would rather not
sit there and print a 400 page manual for 2 or 3 pages
of stuff that I needed.

Im sure that they are fully searcheable, the problem
is that if you used a PDF file then you didnt analyze
your audience enough, because you need to realize that
just because we know how to use IE, does not mean that
we are familiar with Acrobat. If your gonna put
something on the internet, just use one program the
whole way through.

well thats my two Cents.
Isljam Ljaljicic II

http://search.yahoo.com

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com