question about rates for freelance graphic work

Subject: question about rates for freelance graphic work
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 06:47:52 -0600

Most of the professional graphic work I've done has been under the
umbrella of a salaried tech writing job, although I've done some
freelancing, which I billed either on an hourly or package basis. But the
bottom line is that I have not done much actual freelance graphic work.

I currently have a freelance opportunity to design a company's logo, in
addition to designing their web site. The web site I plan to charge an
hourly fee for, but I'm wondering if any special ramifications apply to
the creation of corporate logos. My thought is that while web site styles
may come and go, a logo is a key part of a company's corporate identity,
and (if this company is lucky) may be around a long time.

If any of you have insights or experience in this area, I'd love some
input on what to charge for this deliverable. Please reply offlist -
thanks!

Keith Cronin
You say eschew. I say Gesundheit.

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com