Re: Software Suggestions

Subject: Re: Software Suggestions
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

Ctrl+Shift+P is a default SnagIT setting, yes. But, am
sure you can customize most screen capture software
for the keystrokes of your choice.

My point is that there is a reason to use such tools
as screen capture software. Yes, if you only do the
occasional screen capture, probably your workflow
won't benefit much. And, the difference is not so huge
as authoring 1,000 HTML Help topics in notepad versus
RoboHelp. But, if you do screen captures somewhat
frequently as part of your job, you are doing yourself
a disservice by using that PrtScn + paste tool.

Most screen capture software has a free downloadable
trial--give it a screen shot.

Cheers,

Sean

P.S. Why SnagIT? Well, tradition. Back several years
ago, probably 5 or so now, I was working in a
Win9x/WinNT environment. I evaluated screen capture
software. The feature sets were fairly the same from
vendor to vendor. But, SnagIT was about the only
vendor whose screen capture tool offered the same
features in NT that it had in Win9x; the other vendors
tools all had limitations in NT. So, I went with
SnagIT. Over the years, SnagIT has kept up or
surpassed the other vendors, so I've been happy and
had no reason to shop elsewhere--and the Techsmith
forums and Camtasia sort of round things out.

--- AmyD -at- osas -dot- com wrote:
> Really? And it does all of this by itself? Just
> Ctrl+Shift+P? Kidding - I
> realize that this key combination obviously works
> only in conjunction with
> an image software package (Snagit, I'm guessing?),
> but just what software
> package, Sean, you never mention. C'mon - let us
> know!

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com