RE: Skills matrix

Subject: RE: Skills matrix
From: "Marguerite Krupp" <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:31:57 -0400

Dick wrote:
<snip>
>I would not drill down to the tools level. If someone is
> identified as having production skills, presumably that token
> refers to production skills within your company's tools environment.
</snip>

I would be careful there. It's another case of (all together now...) "IT
DEPENDS!"

Here at Megacorp (and elsewhere I've worked), we have a "production team"
who are wizards at getting the stuff to the customers, but they perform a
*manufacturing* function. They know nothing about a writer's tools, nor
should they. So, you would have to determine whether in your company's tools
environment, they'd be interested in writing tools or manufacturing tools,
and where they consider tools skills with beasties like Documentum or
ClearCase (to name a couple of specialties) to fall.

Marguerite

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com