RE: Skills matrix

Subject: RE: Skills matrix
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:10:41 -0700

To the theory section, I would add some/all of the following:
* project management - trust me, you need this individually
* printing technologies - hard and soft copy
* fonts technology - hard and soft copy
* graphics technology - hard and soft copy
* color technology - hard and soft copy
* network technology - doesn't need to be deep, but you have to understand
mapping folders, etc.
* programming - the concepts are invaluable, even if you are not documenting
software.

To the tools section, I would add:
* at least 1 illustration tool
* at least 1 graphics tool
* your computer - it is NOT assumed that because you are writers that you
understand computers. Too many of us don't understand how or why they work
and it scares me.
* Windows - same as above
* Acrobat, including Distiller

I am sure there is more, but that is what I can think of with little coffee.
Notice all of my ideas are about being more technical, which, I think, your
list is short on. But I also need more coffee.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590