Re: list squabble

Subject: Re: list squabble
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:43:33 -0500

> The list rules make it very clear that attacking individuals is not
acceptable.
> This rule applies equally to all memebers. Attacks against me are not
> acceptable because I post controverisal ideas.

Is it not attacking individuals when one says that many people on this list
who have steady paychecks are "dawdling around waiting for approval from
above"? (See the paragraph in its entirety below.)

Is it okay to do this because you are not naming names?

[Quoted paragraph: That's not true even a little bit. I have demanding
customers who are worse
than managers. Unlike many folks on the list, who have a nice pretty paycheck
at the end of each week and other comfy little perks, my ability to make money
is DIRECTLY related to my ability to make customers happy. If I make a mistake
and anger customers, I'm out the door living off Top Ramen. I don't have the
luxury of dawdling around waiting for approval from above. When the hammer
comes down, my customers expect me (and my team) to make it happen.]

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/