Re: Making a critical notice stand out

Subject: Re: Making a critical notice stand out
From: "Jan Cohen" <familyforever -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:21:34 -0500

Hi Catherine,

It doesn't happen very often with our documents (hardware and software), but
when it does and we have to get an urgent notice into our docs about
critical changes, we normally put that info right up front in our preface
(about this doc, intro, or whatever), bold it, and surround it by a big
square box. That way, the change stands out as much as it possibly can.

I'm not sure if a some sort of CR (customer or critical reveiw) process
might be applicable in your case, but you might pose the question to your
clients and ask them what would work best in this scenario.

Jan Cohen