Re: ISO9001 recognition

Subject: Re: ISO9001 recognition
From: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:06:03 -0500

I always hold moderated review meetings where we log findings for follow-up. This keeps a record of the changes, manages the change process (like a bug-fix process) and formalizes the feedback mechanism enough so that the reviewers take it as seriously as we need them to. The reviewers present findings orally at the meeting, which gives us a chance to come to a meeting of the minds on the documentation, and then marked-up copies are retained and archived. Yes, you end up keeping a bunch of paper, but it meets QC guidelines.

I've put a copy of our review procedure on my website for anyone interested: http://www.agnewcom.com/resources.html
--Beth

Nadine Underwood wrote:

Hello

The company that I work for has decided to try and get ISO9001 recognition.
As I understand it, there is an ISO requirement to keep track of all review
comments for documentation ...

Any pointers/experiences to help me would be gratefully received.

Nadine.

--
Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication