Job Spam from India: A New Trend?

Subject: Job Spam from India: A New Trend?
From: "David Hickey" <david -dot- hickey -at- cgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:21:05 -0500

Greetings!

As some of you may know, I run a little techwriter list on YahooGroups
for techwriters in and around Montreal (mostly in Montreal, but we have
members from all over). We're up to 200 members and I'm pretty proud of
the people on my list.

We get job postings on the list every once in awhile (from recruiters or
generous members), but I've been noticing a new trend.

There are some members with Yahoo addresses from India who repeatedly
send job postings for techwriters in India. I don't mean once in
awhile... More like 5 to 6 times a month. A person will join the list
(which puts them on auto-moderation), send their Indian Job Posting, and
then I have to approve it before it reaches the list.

I've tried to email the poster of the job, but the person rarely
responds and the email often bounces back. I've now had to adopt a
policy that if the person does not respond to my personal email request
for information, I reject their posting. If they keep trying to post job
postings to the list, I eventually kick them off the list.

But then I eventually I get another member with an Indian Yahoo address
posting techwriter jobs in India and the whole process starts over again
(with the same results).

Is this some kind of new trend in Job Spam? Or are these legit firms? It
always strikes me as odd with a professional recruiter uses a free email
service.
--
John David Hickey
Mtl_techwriter Moderator

Documentia Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?
http://documentia.ca
514-488-5430

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com