RE: 11X17 documentation

Subject: RE: 11X17 documentation
From: "Thomas Bilbo" <tbilbo -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:17:12 -0800

In my early days as a tech writer I wrote for a printer interface
manufacturer. I had several manuals that had diagrams and character maps
that required a page larger than the document page. What I did was to have
the width of that page in the manual be larger than the rest and fold it so
that the book dimensions would remain the same.

This is tedious, but for small numbers it works great. If you're just doing
a few in-house versions, keep the manual at 8 1/2 x 11, but put large pages
at 11 x 17. You can fold the large page in half, then fold the outside
portion by half again.

This will let you keep the text pages at the regular size, but have larger
pages for the diagrams.

Hope this helps,

Thomas Bilbo,
Sr. Technical Writer
tbilbo -at- earthlink -dot- net
H) 415-951-9920
C) 415-786-8157

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com