Re: Wanted: BAD Writing

Subject: Re: Wanted: BAD Writing
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- highsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:45:40 -0600

Beth:

The problem is that, just like cops, there's never enough bad writing around when you really need it!

Try a Google search for bad writing examples. I think there are several sites that collect it compulsively.

Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices division of HighSoft, Inc. www.knowhowpro.com
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5, InDesign 2
WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
Voice: 660-691-0701 Toll-free outside S. F. Bay Area: 800-795-6066 FAX: 650-691-0995

At 11:44 AM -0600 3/18/03, Beth Brooks wrote:

LeavesHello, folks!

Having just hung out my shingle as a freelance writer and editor here in
Oklahoma, I'm looking to put together some NON-technical before and after
samples for my portfolio and website. I've got plenty of the technical stuff
from the last 12 years of tech writing in New Jersey. What I'm hoping is
that you can provide me with the bad "before" pieces to get me started.

Particularly useful would be:

- business and promotional letters
- marketing brochures
- advertising/direct mail/sales pieces
- newsletter content
- articles and editorials
- website content

Outright errors abound, but I'm hoping for pieces that miss the boat in some
large way: poorly organized, unfocused, lackluster, unappealing documents.
My own junk mail is a rich source, but I'd really like to see what other
folks have come across as well. Suggestions? Comments?

If you've got something, let me know and we'll work out a way for me to get
it.

Thanks in advance for your help. This should be fun!

Beth Brooks

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com