RE: Eye thing their write

Subject: RE: Eye thing their write
From: jbfoster <jb -dot- foster -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:30:06 -0700

That Yahoo article covers what might be a good point ... If you want to
correctly deal with grammatical issues, then maybe Word's Grammatik-Check
isn't a great idea! One would have thought such was obvious (if you used the
feature, then you'd know), considering it's doubtful Microsoft intended
Grammatik-Check to replace 4 years of English (writing) training. As with
everything else, a little common-sense and know-how, are important. Maybe MS
needs to post a warning when Grammatik-Check opens? I'm also surprised MS
hasn't been sued over this issue?

One thing I have to say in favor of basic spell-checking - is that I
wouldn't be working as a writer, if it wasn't for that particular feature.
Being dyslexic, I would have been too embarrassed to write, and have someone
else edit it.. By using spell-checking, that embarrassment is completely
gone, and my spelling has started to even improve ... though it's quite an
effort at times to insure correctness!

While I'm at it ... Does everyone on this list know that our addresses - on
this list - are being grabbed by the spammers. How do I know ... well, I
have two email addresses (one for personal, and one for posting) and I use
my personal address only for this list. As long as I haven't posted here, I
don't get spammed. The next day, after posting here, I get a barrage of spam
in my mail box. Maybe there is another reason I haven't thought of? Anyway,
Just thought I'd provide a possible heads up!

Regards,

Bruce

Jeff Hanvey wrote:

> An interesting "odd story" on Yahoo! today:
>
> <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=816&e=1&cid=816&u
=/ap/20030314/ap_on_hi_te/spell_checked>

> Death To Spell Checkers!

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com