OT: Is it Spam or is it Memorex?

Subject: OT: Is it Spam or is it Memorex?
From: holmegm -at- attbi -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:35:31 +0000

Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com> wrote:

>Greg Holmes wrote:

><<<...A post to an email discussion list is a *request* for email. So

>With one important exception,in my mind: obviously, if you post to a
>public list, you can and should expect public debate. However, I do
>consider posts unwelcome if they:

>- are sent off-list and clearly break the rules of the list (i.e., would
>be censured by the list manager if they were posted on-list...)
>- are sent under a different email address than the one used to post to
>the list (especially if the poster has been advised that unsolicited
>posts are not welcome.)

>I'm under the impression that this is a convention of netiqutte. Am I
>wrong?

I was responding to someone who predicted "heartfelt spam" from those
who disagreed with her. I assumed she meant on-list responses; I suppose
that assumption might have been incorrect. Frankly, the thought of
taking the particular discussion off-list never even occurred to me, as
it was on topic (educational "qualifications" for doing work, a techwr-l
standby).

I have a tough enough time keeping up correspondence with people I
actually know to engage in off-list debates! ;)

--
Greg Holmes

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com