Re: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the-- woods?

Subject: Re: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the-- woods?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:02:42 -0800

Yipes -- this reminds me of the arm-wrestling I did with my mother-in->law over addressing wedding invitations. She insisted that the >correct thing to do was to only use Mrs. when you were also using the >husband's name --

I wrestled with my son's future mother-in-law over this last year. The invitations went out as "Karl Butcher, son of Mr. and Mrs. Daryl Butcher and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Evans." Most of the extended Butcher family had no idea what my first name was, or who Frank Evans was.

In the long run, it really didn't matter. Karl's wife went home to Mom a few weeks after the wedding because Mom said to.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com