Re: Enterprise: a definition?

Subject: Re: Enterprise: a definition?
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:45:30 -0800 (PST)

Company-wide, yes, but more than that. Enterprise
usually means the company has more than one site, say
in different cities. An enterprise solution is
useful, for example, when one factory needs to fill an
order (or get parts for assembling whatever they make,
or a number of other things) and is out of stock of an
item., They can search the inventories of the other
plants across the country to find the part.

I got involved in an enterprise version of the
application I was documenting back when I was working
for a company that created manufacturing maintenance
software, so that's why my example takes this
particular form. Other kinds of companies need
enterprise-wide solutions, too.

--- Steve Schwarzman <steve_schwarzman -at- hotmail -dot- com>
wrote:

> I believe enterprise software is software that is
> installed company-wide and
> used by pretty much everyone, like the various ERP
> systems as an example;

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com