Re: Need real-world information about Framemaker

Subject: Re: Need real-world information about Framemaker
From: John Posada <john -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:03:04 -0800

> Thank you for your suggestion, but with flaming like this I can see why
> people who are new to the profession don't usually post on here. Since
> being on this list, 95% of the postings don't even relate. How many Admin
> posting do you get asking to stay on subject? I am posting something that
> is related to the topic of Technical Writing while most people post
mindless
> opinions about things that really don't pertain to the profession. I have
> tried posting a couple of times and every time someone has flamed me. I
am
> really getting tired of it and am about ready to get off the list. This
> needs to be a place where people should feel like it is alright to ask
> questions. That is what it is advertised as.

Shannon...maybe the response wasn't to your liking and maybe JohnG was
having a bad day. However, if you'd been around for a little while, you
would have known that the simple phrase "Frame vs Word" would result in
7,075 hits in the archive. Do you think that visiting the question again is
going to generate additional insight?

What might your response have been if someone, who is new, who hasn't done
the basic research that should have been done first, asks a question that in
the past has resulted in seven thousand and seventy five messages?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com