RE: Need real-world information about Framemaker

Subject: RE: Need real-world information about Framemaker
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:02:22 -0800

Shannon,
Another thing to evaluate is the overall environment and who else has to
work on the documents. If most of the folks are already successfully
producing these docs in Word, AND if they will continue to work on them,
there are probably not many compelling reasons to switch. I've worked in
IT departments a lot. While I would choose if I could to use Frame for
the training and user docs, I don't ever try to get the business folks
or technical staff to use Frame. They know Word enough to make it work
and that's one battle I choose to avoid. I'm equally comfortable using
Word so it's fine for me to use it for business docs. If there's any
possibility that they have to work on the doc, I use Word. It's just
easier.

OTOH, if your proposals are running hundreds of pages long and you need
the long doc capabilities to solve *current* problems, then you might be
able to make the case.

HTH and good luck!

Lisa

single-source layouts, and more!