CSCW

Subject: CSCW
From: "Yvonne.Cleary" <Yvonne -dot- Cleary -at- ul -dot- ie>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:13:23 +0000

One of my students has asked me to post the following message and
questionnaire. She would be grateful for any responses/insights from list
members

regards,

Yvonne Cleary
Junior Lecturer, Technical Communication
Course Director, BA Languages with Computing
Languages and Cultural Studies Department
University of Limerick
+353-61-213466
<mailto:Yvonne -dot- Cleary -at- ul -dot- ie>
http://www.ul.ie/techcomm

My name is Laura Connaughton and I am currently in my final year in the
University of Limerick, Ireland, studying for a BA in Languages with
Computing.
In UL we must complete a final year project. My project is about
computer-supported cooperative work (CSCW) and its influence on the
technical communications industry. As part this project, I have developed a
questionnaire to find out the influence of computer-supported cooperative
work on the technical communication industry. I would be very grateful if
you could take the time to complete the attached questionnaire and send it
back to me as soon as possible at: 9923357 -at- student -dot- ul -dot- ie -dot- Thank you very
much.
Yours sincerely,
Laura Connaughton.

Questionnaire

1. a) Have you ever used any of the following types of collaborative
software?
Email Chat rooms
Listservs Bulletin Boards
Internet Relay Chats World Wide Web
Computer conferencing Shared Whiteboards
Teleconferencing Mailing Lists
Desktop video conferencing Workflow systems
E-learning programs Decision support systems
b) Which ones do you use most often?

2. Does your employer facilitate the use of collaborative technology? Which
types?

3. Have you ever been involved in a project where you did not have
face-to-face interaction with one or more colleagues, and how successful was
this project?

5. Would you choose to use collaborative software over face-to-face
collaboration? Why/why not?

6. Do you think that computer-supported cooperative work is becoming more
popular?

7. What are the main advantages of using collaborative software?

8. What are the main disadvantages of using collaborative software?

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com