RE: Saving Websites to CD

Subject: RE: Saving Websites to CD
From: "Len Kirby" <Len -dot- Kirby -at- pwrm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:58:29 -0800

>>> Just out of curiosity, what would be the benefit to burning a
website on CD ...

Many customers (even in North America) don't have wide bandwidth. Also,
our application engineers often work offline and need references.

>>> ... Assuming the content isn't changed regularly, making your CD
out of date.

The CD is burned in house and on demand, so we don't hold an inventory
of burned CDs. Therefore we can synch both the website and CD source
daily.

You see, I'm lazy and don't want to reinvent all the navigation
infrastructure the website already has. I would rather let a computer do
the work and save the website to CD. Its also in keeping with a single
source.

Len

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com