Re: functional specifications formats (overall rather than documentation)

Subject: Re: functional specifications formats (overall rather than documentation)
From: "Deborah S. Ray" <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:37:35 -0700

Hi, Emily,

> I'm looking for good examples of functional specifications for product
> releases, or line item design documents. <big snip>
> Any thoughts or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

On the TECHWR-L site, you'll find an article by Donn Le Vie
called "Writing Software Requirements Specifications" at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/writing/softwarerequirementspecs.html

>From the article intro:
"...This article will describe what an SRS is and why it's important,
discuss how and why technical writers should be involved with them,
and discuss the critical elements for writing an SRS. Although this
article does not attempt to address all aspects of developing SRSs,
it aims to help you determine the scope for such a project, to
provide some guidelines for writing SRSs, and to provide additional
resources."

Hope this helps!
Deborah
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Webmaster/Editor

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com