RE: credit check for interviews

Subject: RE: credit check for interviews
From: "Peter Swisher" <PeteS -at- bmgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:53:44 -0700

Alan B. wrote: " And I'd feel better if I knew I was hiring someone who
wasn't going to get pregnant, or who wasn't going to be taking off to
celebrate all sorts of religious holidays, who wasn't off visiting the
kids on the weekends when there's work to be done in the office, and who
doesn't have a history of schizophrenia running in their family.***
However, that's none of my business. "

I agree with Alan, Sean and Mike (and others) on this one.

My credit history is nobody's business, unless I am asking them for
credit. It certainly has no bearing on the job I can do as a tech writer
or PM. If someone is truly fraudulent, then figure that out by calling
their former employer or their references, or, call me crazy,
interviewing them.

A credit check is just one more way to involve something in the hiring
process that should not be involved. Other examples being: HR, resume
scanners, the unknowing incompetent, and so forth.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com