Re: STC Conference: Manual Evaluations--valuable?

Subject: Re: STC Conference: Manual Evaluations--valuable?
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:57:18 -0800 (PST)

"T. Harris" <tharris -at- metriguard -dot- com> wrote in message news:185035 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Anyone here have any experience with the Manuals Evaluation that goes
> on at the STC Conference? Is it helpful or merely a public humiliation
> opportunity? I've not been to an STC Conference before & am wondering
> if the manual evals. in particular are worth the expense & time, etc.
> (And what are the chances of even getting one of the very limited
> slots for such?)

These types of reviews are going to be mostly for style, layout, and design.
Something that is very subjective. Furthermore, most reviewers will not possess
the technical or scientific skills to evaluate the value or accuracy of the
content.

Thus, such a review might be a nice way to see how others feel about your
style, but it won't give you much in the way of insight to the value of the
material.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!