Update: Electronic help files/manuals HTML Help or PDF?

Subject: Update: Electronic help files/manuals HTML Help or PDF?
From: bethany_rusbasan -at- leco -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:58:23 -0500

I know we don't have to change from Forehelp. My boss wants to.

We had the meeting. I went in with differences between the two and how HTML is more for the media we are working with. My boss said that he doesn't see the difference between the two, as they are both hyperlinks.

He also has been told it will be a "one button" conversion that will take only 30 minutes for a 530 page manual.

He said that he would be willing to talk to anyone how has worked with PDF and HTML. If anyone would have the time or be willing to volunteer, I would appreciate it.

Our manuals cover both the software and the hardware of the instruments. Our instruments range from simple carbon determiners to GCxGC Time of Flight Mass Spectrometers. Our software apps range from window-based and DSP (think old time touch screen).

Thank you.
Bethany Rusbasan
Bethany_Rusbasan -at- leco -dot- com

single-source layouts, and more!