Re: Title--US vs non-US usage

Subject: Re: Title--US vs non-US usage
From: "Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:10:09 -0500

At 10:08 AM -0500 1/31/03, Dick Margulis wrote:

The registration form asks for First Name, Last Name, Desired Username, Desired Password, Title, and Company Name, in that order. (It also asks for other information, but I'm focusing on these first six fields.)
[snip]
I suppose I could just add an Honorific field in front and throw away the data, because I have no interest in capturing it. But I'd like a suggestion for a more elegant solution. Should I change the field label to "Position" or "Title/Position"?

I've used "Title/Position". Giving an example would also work: "Title (example: Purchasing Director)".

I also suggest changing the order of the fields to something that resembles the order they are accustomed to seeing on envelopes:

First Name <field> Last Name <field> (on the same line)
Title <field>
Company <company>
<space>
followed by the "Desired" fields.

That should short-circuit the Title=Dr reflex.
--
Kat Nagel
Owner, MasterWork Consulting Services

single-source layouts, and more!