Converting Quark books to FrameMaker

Subject: Converting Quark books to FrameMaker
From: Michelle Petersen <mpetersen74 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:14:55 -0500

I have the opportunity to convert most of my company's manuals from Word to FrameMaker. Our books are several hundred pages long, contain many cross-references, and could really make good use of Frame's conditional text feature. I'm comfortable enough with Frame to feel pretty confident about converting the Word books to Frame.

I've been told that several of our older manuals, which I haven't yet seen, were written in Quark by a contractor a while ago. I've been looking through the archives on this site and read up on the "Quark vs. Frame" debate, but I haven't seen anything about converting Quark files to Frame. Can anyone give me any advice about this? Is it similar to converting Word files to Frame?

Thanks!
--Michelle

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com