Re: small invoices, big egos

Subject: Re: small invoices, big egos
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:45:01 -0800 (PST)

>>I'd rather swallow my pride and let somebody think they've "beaten
>>me"...then draw them into an all out war.

>Pride? In business? Reputation, maybe. And clout, definitely clout. But
>pride? Après tout, mon ami, les affaires sont des affaires--

Uhh, sorry, no spreckenzee Fraunchie.

> We are underl-litigated. It might seem only thieves, CEO's, and lawyers
> have nothing to lose in court, but it ain't necessarily so. Learn
> business, learn to sue. The lawyers who taught Kevin how to sue did him a
> good turn, and they paid him. He should automate the procedure.

You have got to be kidding. If anything this country is way overlittigated.
People sue over everything. Look at that stupid McDonalds suit. Fat people
suiting because McDonalds got them fat. Give me an f-ing break. Thankfully that
stupid case was dismissed.

I personally don't feel any dispute should have to go to court. Since most
business disagreements boil down to miscommunications, it usually means both
sides have stopped listening and stopped thinking and are just being stubborn.

Therefore, when I hear people complaining about a failed business relationship,
I encourage them to exercise restraint, keep the big picture in mind, and try
to solve the problem. Better to swallow your pride and resolve the problem (and
get paid) then drag the issue to court and create a big mess.

IN Bruce's case, he may have no choice. I am sure he will decide that. But, I
would encourage him to call his customer back, and listen to his complaints,
and try to develop a plan to respond to those complaints and get paid. Maybe
its already too late for that, but that's what I would do.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com