Re: small invoices, big egos

Subject: Re: small invoices, big egos
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:40:31 -0800 (PST)

"Bruce Byfield" <> wrote ...

> Maybe the other contractors can tell me something.
>
> Why is it that the smaller the invoice, the harder the time collecting?

My experience reflects the exact same. The smaller the project, the more
problems they cause.

I'd say you'd probably be better off just forgetting it. I've got my share of
deadbeat clients. I just drop them into the "sh*t list" and make sure I never
talk to them again. It's part of the fun of doing business. There are always
some people who are jerks and won't pay for the work. I figure eventually karma
will catch up with them (or their server will suddenly develop a strange
file-deleting problem <mad cackle>.)

As for small-claims - if its enough money and diplomacy has completely
collapsed, then I guess its an option. But, my attitude is to always avoid
court. I'd rather swallow my pride and let somebody think they've "beaten me"
(and get the money) then draw them into an all out war.

If worse gets to worst, I'll take care of him for you. :-)

<wink, wink, nod, nod, knowwhatImean, saynomore, saynomore>.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com