Re: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume

Subject: Re: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:41:53 -0500

"Karen L. Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com> wrote:

>Conversely,
>
>How many blatent [sic] typos have you seen on job listings on Monster, Dice,
>HotJobs? Yes, it's "just" an advertisement, but what does that say about the
>company, the HR person who placed the ad, etc [sic]?

Karen,

Sorry about poking fun at your two typos. Couldn't resist. But to answer your question, what it tells me about the company is that they provide opportunities for people with a range of abilities and divers talents (or is it diverse talents--I always get those confused).

Not all express themselves so well in writing as do skilled tech writers. HR people have other strengths, and when they are called upon to post ads on the Internet, they do the best they can. How many list members (this is a rhetorical question; please do not answer it) would howl if they were asked to take time out of their _important_ work to edit job postings for HR? Would that be a good use of valuable company resources? Maybe it would or maybe it wouldn't. Each company has to decide that for itself, n'est-ce pas?

Dick

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com